We aim to create safe, inclusive spaces where LGBTQ+ younger people can thrive. In the community, at work, and at home we ensure that LGBTQ+ people & allies have the tools they need to live proud and authentic lives.
We believe that given the resources and abilities, people can achieve great things. We give people the space and resources to thrive.
We are honest and morally good. We act with the best of intentions and knowing what we do is important.
We believe in the power of acting together as one strong community with each other’s interests and needs in mind.
Everyone has unique experiences that bring value. We celebrate what makes us different.
We are proud of our work, our actions, what we do, what we’ve experienced, and who we are.
Our Elevator Pitch
At Blossom LGBT we empower LGBTQ+ people, our allies, colleagues, and friends to understand what it means to be truly proud. We used our lived experiences and expertise as LGBTQ+ people to challenge biases and create a stronger community through social and educational spaces.
Before working with Blossom people tell us that they feel:
- Isolated from understanding or being part of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Scared of getting things wrong and offending others.
- Struggle to find pride in what makes them different
They enjoy working with Blossom because:
- We provide spaces where people can be authentic and not have to worry about being judged or ridiculed.
- We are friendly, approachable and always willing to go above and beyond to ensure people have the best experience possible.
- Together we have over 20 years of experience in LGBTQ+ activism.
- We genuinely care about what we do and those who we support.
Our aim is to make an honest living by creating a world that truly embraces uniqueness and individuality. We know that doing something new can be scary but we’ll be here to support you every step of the way.